اخر الاخبار

Rosetta (Rashid)

The city of Rosetta (Rashid) is arranged on the western bank of the branch of the Nile called "Rashid", and is found 65km upper east of Alexandria

It is believed that a Temple for Amon was worked amid the New Kingdom Period. In the Greco-Roman Period the city was called Balbotine and the Nile branch then was known as "the Balbotine Branch

In the Islamic period, Rosetta was still known by this name, however it was less critical than Alexandria. The Sultan Qaitbay manufactured a stronghold there, encompassed by bulwarks for protective purposes; the Sultan Al Ghouri later constructed a divider around the city

After the Ottoman victory in the sixteenth century, and after the decay of Alexandria, Rosetta turned into the central port of the northern coast until the nineteenth century, yet held its significance serving the exchange between Egypt, Turkey and different nations. Numerous Wikalahs and dealer houses were built

Rosetta is considered as a substantial outside historical center for Islamic design. The colossal number of Islamic landmarks found here does not exist in some other city, with the exception of Cairo. Tragically a large portion of these novel landmarks are dismissed, present day structures encompass them, and the spontaneous urbanization additionally influences them severely, creating much harm. Consequently it is important for an extraordinary national push to be made to spare them, with a specific end goal to restore the verifiable character of the city

Today Rosetta's overall popularity is a result of the finding of the "Rosetta Stone" amid the French control of Egypt. In 1799, while expanding a post close Rosetta, a youthful French officer named Pierre-Francois Bouchard found a piece of dark basalt stone. It quantified 3ft 9in long, 2ft 4.5 in wide, and 11in thick, and it contained three unmistakable groups of composing. The most inadequate was the top band containing hieroglyphics; the center band was in an Egyptian script called Demotic and the last one was in Ancient Greek. He took the stone to the researchers and they understood that it was a regal pronouncement that fundamentally expressed that it was to be composed in the 3 dialects utilized as a part of Egypt at the time

Upon Napoleon's thrashing, the stone had turned into the property of the English, under the terms of the Treaty of Alexandria (1801), and additionally different ancient rarities that had been found by the French. The stone was taken to England and duplicates were made so that other individuals could endeavor to interpret it. Researchers started to concentrate on the Demotic script in the center band, since it was more finished, and it looked more like letters than the hieroglyphic pictures in the upper band. It was basically a shorthand form of hieroglyphics that had developed from a before shorthand adaptation of Egyptian called hieratic script. Thomas Young (1773-1829), an English physicist, was the first to demonstrate that a portion of the symbolic representations in the top band were the hints of an imperial name - Ptolemy. At that point the French researcher Jean-François Champollion (1790-1832) understood that the pictographs were really the sound of the Egyptian dialect and in this manner established the frameworks of our present day information of the Ancient Egyptian dialect and society

The places of Rosetta

Every house comprises of 3 or 4 stories, with multi-level, wooden corbel roofs for included quality. They were worked of shaped, grouted blocks, and in the façade, for enhancement purposes, these blocks were on the other hand painted red and dark. Additionally the Mashrapiyas and windows, of an alternate kind of turned wood whether Sahrili or Maymouni, likewise improve the façade.

the Houses of Rosetta

The ground floor as a rule contains the "caravansary" or storage facility, the stable, a Sabil (or wellspring), and the reservoir.

The second floor was held for men. It frequently has a different entryway and a patio encompassed by various rooms. The third floor was held for ladies called Al-Hadir (the spot of resting); it comprises of a primary corridor (iwan) encompassed by a few rooms, and a private washroom.

These houses regularly incorporate a room on the third floor called the "Al-Aghany" (room of melodies), in which the ladies of the house sit, listening and viewing the diversion, beyond anyone's ability to see of the men. This room contains pantries in one of its dividers, with Klaw Khowarnaqates and segments of turned wood. These wooden organizers are regularly inlayed with ivory and mother of pearl. In a few houses, the dividers of the Al-Aghani room were secured with tiles with botanical beautifications in yellow, red, and green bearing an Andalusi impact, as in the places of Mouharam an Olwan. Middle Easterner Killy House the National Museum of Rosetta

This is a standout amongst the most renowned houses in Rosetta, and the greatest. It goes back to the eighteenth century (XII A.H) and was the private place of Arab Killy who was an Ottoman legislative leader of the city

It comprises of 4 stories

1-The ground floor, which incorporates
A storage facility with cross-vaulted roof
 A storage  A "Sabil" (or wellspring)
2-The second floor, held for the men, which incorporates
 A patio, encompassed by various rooms with windows of iron flame broils, underneath openings of Maaqali turning
3-The third floor, the space of the ladies, which incorporates
 A patio, encompassed by various rooms with windows of iron flame broils 
The Al-Aghany (see over), this room contains an excellent cabinet, decorated with mother-of-pearl